Subject: Abela 10/26/2004: Feedback on BPSS Resources

|Abela:....ebXML-BP is required to implement the BPM component for
|the ebXML framework (i.e. attempting to adapt BPEL will not be very
|successful since this is not intended for multiparty collaborations, but
|rather orchestration of web services).

|I do not wish (and do not have the resources) to implement an ebXML BPSS BPM
|from scratch, and have been searching for an implementation of such
|components for integration either as open source or otherwise, but found
|only very limited support. Given that ebXML-BP v2.0 is imminent, I suppose
|that it will be even more unlikely to find such implementations.

|Alternatively, perhaps an existing BPM/workflow framework (e.g. JBOSS jBPM )
|can be used to implement the BPSS engine. Has anybody considered or looked
|into this matter?

mm1: Jesmond, we discussed this in Monday's regular TC teleconference and have some suggestions for you.
1. Modeling tool: http://drrw.net/visualscripts/. See David Webber, ''David RR Webber' ' <david@drrw.info>. v2.0 update pending in the next month.
2. JEITA (Japan): I have queried Yano Yeisuke to see if JEITA is interested in collaborating with other organizations. In the interim, Yano-san: <yano@jp.fujitsu.com>.
3. Use of open source tools: JJ Dubray suggested you consider the open source ActiveBPEL to build the BPSS. (http://www.activebpel.org/?googleoss)
4. In work prototype: Sacha Schlegel did a shell-prototype during his masters' thesis. See Sacha at: <sacha@schlegel.li>.
5. Other options: I am checking on another option for you from another member. Stay tuned.

Thanks.