Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] Abela 10/26/2004: Feedback on BPSS Resources

Thank you for your previous invitation to the TC conference, unfortunately I
had received this too late for the TC tel. conf. on the 25th Oct., but
perhaps I will join on the 1st. Nov.

Thank you and the TC participant for the suggestions included in your mail,
I will be following up on the matter, and "stay tuned" for further updates.

Best Regards,

Jesmond

-----Original Message-----
From: Monica J. Martin [mailto:Monica.Martin@Sun.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 01:47
To: jesmonda@maltanet.net
Cc: ebXML BP

|Abela:....ebXML-BP is required to implement the BPM component for the
|ebXML framework (i.e. attempting to adapt BPEL will not be very
|successful since this is not intended for multiparty collaborations,
|but rather orchestration of web services).

|I do not wish (and do not have the resources) to implement an ebXML
|BPSS BPM from scratch, and have been searching for an implementation of
|such components for integration either as open source or otherwise, but
|found only very limited support. Given that ebXML-BP v2.0 is imminent,
|I suppose that it will be even more unlikely to find such
|implementations.

|Alternatively, perhaps an existing BPM/workflow framework (e.g. JBOSS
|jBPM ) can be used to implement the BPSS engine. Has anybody considered
|or looked into this matter?

mm1: Jesmond, we discussed this in Monday's regular TC teleconference and
have some suggestions for you. 1. Modeling tool:
http://drrw.net/visualscripts/. See David Webber, ''David RR Webber' '
<david@drrw.info>. v2.0 update pending in the next month. 2. JEITA (Japan):
I have queried Yano Yeisuke to see if JEITA is interested in collaborating
with other organizations. In the interim, Yano-san: <yano@jp.fujitsu.com>.
3. Use of open source tools: JJ Dubray suggested you consider the open
source ActiveBPEL to build the BPSS. (http://www.activebpel.org/?googleoss)
4. In work prototype: Sacha Schlegel did a shell-prototype during his
masters' thesis. See Sacha at: <sacha@schlegel.li>. 5. Other options: I am
checking on another option for you from another member. Stay tuned.

Thanks.