Subject: ebBP 2/22/2005: Any Protocol Failure Question: section 4.6.8.1 and4.8.3

Today, we discussed this question briefly. How do we separate or compare
the AnyProtocolFailure to general exception. There are actually > 1
questions here. So I will attempt to articulate:

    * Any protocol failure is one of the enumeration values of the
      ConditionGuardValue list that can apply to a substate (status)
      visibility or to condition guard. See Sections 4.6.8.1 and 4.8.3,
      that specify guards on transitions.
    * General exception is defined but is not part of the BT patterns
      defined (as it is unplanned). See Section 4.8.2.3.

Therefore, is general exception an 'AnyProtocolFailure' other than the
other types specified? I ask this question because the use of the
general exception is not articulated as a guard. In addition, in the
schema (22 Feb) we only define a GeneralExceptionType (no General
Exception). Dale, can you review this please?

So we have to answer:

    * How do GeneralException and AnyProtocolFailure relate if at all?
      One is in the defined transition guards (the latter) and the other
      is completely unplanned.
    * After answering above question, what schema changes may be
      required. Tech spec language will follow.
    * After answering both above questions, where is the General
      Exception as only a type is defined in the schema.

If we can sort this out a bit more, I can assist in making technical
specification changes. Comments welcome and encouraged.