Subject: Yunker (ebBP) 3/7/2005: Comment re: General Exception (wd 10)

Note: Forwarding to the team list.
========================

On 1 March 2005 around our TC call, several have been reviewing the
specification. John Yunker indicated we should consider specifying what
happens after a general exception occurs. Here is some proposed text to
consider for the Tuesday call. John, your comments raise the question if
planned events occur after unplanned ones. I've tried to briefly outline
at least two cases in the suggested technical specification text. Please
comment.

Section 4.8.2.3
[add at the end of this section]

As an unplanned event, a general exception MAY result in later actions
of the parties that are choreographed. For example, the parties MAY
agree to use a Notification of Failure after a general exception occurs
to return to their initial state. It is also forseeable that a party MAY
send the business document with changed content after a general
exception occurs. Such an action MAY necessitate that the parties
initiate another business transaction (i.e. returning to their initial
state and initiating a new business transaction rather than issuing a
business retry). These expectations are subject to the agreement of the
parties.

Original post:
=========