Subject: ebBP 3/9/2005: Comment re: General Exception Update (wd 10)

After reviewing the proposed text, our discussion today and John
Yunker's comments, please review the points below and so we can come to
resolution on proposed revised text.

1. If a general exception occurs and the party notifies the other with a
general exception signal, the parties are in a known condition (as Dale
said a technical failure has occurred). However, if this may result in
other actions, is subject to the agreement of the parties.
2. Under choreographed circumstances, if a party is unable to respond
with a choreographed receipt acknowledgement within the time specified,
that party should exit and, if agreed by the parties, the requesting
party MAY issue an NOF or a business retry.
3. If we take the unchoreographed general exception, the parties MAY
also agree to subsequent actions that are choreographed. Whether the
unchoreographed general exception condition follows the same path as the
known conditions (as specified in 2. above) is subject to the agreement
of the parties.
**4. Note (for Dale Moberg): Need to correct comment error in schema re:
Signal element (delete comment).**

Given these assumptions are correct, here is revised proposed text:

Section 4.8.2.3
[add at the end of this section]

As an unplanned event, a general exception MAY result in later actions
of the parties that are choreographed. A general exception MAY result in
a state
transition to a technical failure.  Whether further action is required
or the technical failure results in any business effect is subject to
the agreement of the parties. More business requirements are sought to
understand, if and when an NOF should be issued, another business
transaction may occur after the return to initial state, or subsequent
choreographed actions are required.