Subject: ebBP 3/9/2005: Comment re: NameID Rules (wd 10)

In today's call we discussed the nameID well-formedness rules with the
specific case of BusinessTransactionActivityType and
BusinessTransactionRef. Where nameID references are required for a
specific complex type, such rules apply. For example, every time a
complexType (such as AttributeSubstitutionType, DocumentEnvelopeType,
CollaborationActivityType) is used, the nameID reference is required.
Other complexTypes have an optional nameID reference (i.e. they may or
may not be used - such as performsRoleRef on PerformsType).

Question (Sacha Schlegel): Every @businessTransactionRef attribute’s
value MUST be a value of a @nameID attribute of an element in the
substitution group of BusinessTransaction. [Note: These elements MAY be
children of ProcessSpecification or children of Package.]

Response: We are enforcing the nameID reference that helps to map back
to a defined BT pattern, the process specification and a package (See
BusinessTransactionHead in both cases).

***Dale, if you could give some clarifying language that could be placed
at the beginning of this section, it would be beneficial. If you can do
so, I would be happy to place Section 4.11.2. Note, that the
well-formedness rules also need to be harmonized to the final schema
(for example, BusinessTransaction
is now BusinessTransactionHead). We can coordinate updates/harmonization.***

Thanks.