Subject: ebBP 3/21/2005: Comment re: Business Retries (wd10/schema 2-22)

 From Sacha Schlegel: Why are no business retries specified on
Notification and the extensible DataExchange elements, even though they
can be specified on all other patterns? In reviewing the historical
material and our disucssions, I can see why we should be consistent. It
is a bit confusing to retry a Notification (of Failure) but that may be
only to me.

Open question for Schema:

    * Determine if we add all the associated attributes including retry
      count on both Notification and DataExchange.

      <xsd:attribute name="*isAuthorizationRequired*"..../>
      <xsd:attribute name="*isIntelligibleCheckRequired*"..../>
      <xsd:attribute name="*isNonRepudiationRequired*"..../>
      <xsd:attribute name="*isNonRepudiationReceiptRequired*"..../>
      <xsd:attribute name="*timeToAcknowledgeReceipt*"..../>
      <xsd:attribute name="*timeToAcknowledgeAcceptance*"..../>
      <xsd:attribute name="*retryCount*"..../>

Proposed changes for Technical Specification:
Section 4.8.2.3:
===========
Change from: The business retry for a RequestingBusinessActivity
identifies the number of retries allowed in addition to the initial
request while the time to perform has not been exceeded.....For example,
if a business retry was not specified and a response was not received,
an NOF could be issued. If the response is received, it is then ignored
because the NOF has negated the business transaction.

Change to:
The business retry for a RequestingBusinessActivity identifies the
number of retries allowed in addition to the initial request while the
time to perform has not been exceeded.....For example, if a business
retry was not specified and a response was not received, an NOF could be
issued. If the response is received, it is then ignored because the NOF
has negated the business transaction.  In another circumstance, if any
business exceptions (includes negative receipt and acceptance
Acknowledgments) are signaled then the business transaction SHOULD
terminate and no business retry SHOULD occur (even if parameter is other
than zero).

Section 4.11.3.4
[add to bulleted list of well-formedness rules for "Business Signals"]

    * If a Negative Receipt Acknowledgement or Acceptance
      Acknowledgement occurs, no business retry SHOULD occur.