Subject: ebbp 3/30/2005: Technical Options for Comment re: CommercialTransaction (wd10-schema 2/22)

In our call yesterday, we had some discussion about the comment raised
by Pim vanderEijk regarding the Commercial Transaction BT pattern. This
comment could resolved in several ways. We originally proposed only an
name change but Dale requested we discuss:

   1. Create of two different named elements based on the same pattern
      (and complex type). A question was raised if the two elements
      could diverge and create confusion.
   2. Change CommercialTransaction to BusinessTransaction and update
      annotation.
   3. Investigate if we could create a reference in XML schema that
      maintained the visibility to the pattern and accommodated the
      question raised.

=============
Comment from: lists@sonnenglanz.net
A terminological comment on the "Commercial Transaction" pattern (WD
page 27):  There are many public sector projects that use parts of ebXML
today and could benefit from ebBP to model and coordinate interactions.
The adjective "commercial" is a bit unfortunate? I realize this term
originates in UMM, but for expressing "formal obligation between
parties" the term "commercial transaction" seems to be less neutral than
the term "Business Transaction" under which the spec says it is
colloquially] known.  Any chance of changing this back to a more neutral
term?

Dale has an action to see if we can pursue the third option. This serves
as a reminder. Thanks.