Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] BPSS execution engine

Gerald Ebner wrote:

> Dear ebXML Dev,
>
> first of all: I'm an ebXML newcomer, actualy going through the specs and
> forums, and thinking about an architecture for the B2B system to be
> built.
> My question: I found promising (reference) implementation of the ebXML
> registry and messaging services, but nothing that covers the concept of
> - "business process/BPSS execution engine"
> - "choreography engine"
> - "ebXML execution framework"
> i.e.a  run-time execution instance enforcing the BPSS business
> collaboration protocol (I just found /ebSOA, /but that sounds like a
> future approach).
>
> How would one typically implement the choreography?
> - Hand code the BPSS engine?
> - Transform the BPSS to BPEL?  How?

mm1: First (politely), they would reference the latest specifications.
We're almost ready to publish the v2.0.1 for Public Review for OASIS
Committee Draft consideration.  ebBP (aka BPSS) is most suited for a
monitoring engine that could understands the expectations, quality of
service, choreography, constraints, logicsl business documents,
activities, etc. described in the ebBP process definition.  Since the
v2.0 and now v2.0.1 are very new, we're starting to see development of
ebBP conformant process definitions. We know of several user communities
and vendors that may implement these specifications and associated
schemas (similar to other new technologies). It has been discussed that
there could be a transformation of one party's view (and 1 or more BSI)
into WS-BPEL (1 or more abstract processes and then executable).
However, there is an important difference. ebBP and collaboration are
peer-to-peer. WS-BPEL concentrates on centralized control
(orchestration). Therefore, it, hypothetically speaking, could serve to
help manage other enterprise application processes that support
Business Collaborations. We've recognized that several implementation
options exist and we don't dictate which option is selected (For
example, how tightly or loosely coupled the enterprise or collaborative
processes are, or even if they are related).  Feel free to shoot
questions to ebxml-dev, Dale Moberg, and myself. We'd be happy to try to
answer your questions further. What is your interest? Thanks.

ebBP v2.0.1:

For r04:
Spec: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=13234&wg_abbrev=ebxml-bp
Schema: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=13235&wg_abbrev=ebxml-bp