Subject: ebBP 10/3/2005: Descriptive Update re: Conditions on BT/BTA

As we discussed in our last two calls 20 and 27 Sept 2005, more
information is needed from user communities on the need for conditions
or constraints on the BT in addition to the current BTA.  Preliminary
indications are this can be considered in future versions while the
community needs are being defined. As we discussed, I'd like to capture
the intent of the discussion on this briefly in the public review
update. I've included a small descriptive update in Section 3.4.10.1.

Reference 20
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/14690/ebxmlbp-v2.0.1-Minutes-092005-r02.txt)
and 27 Sept 2005 (will be posted today after all the updates) minutes.

=====
Change from:
Change from: Business Transaction Activities, Complex Business
Transaction Activities and Collaboration Activities MAY define business
rules with the BeginsWhen, EndsWhen, PreCondition and PostCondition
elements. These elements MAY be used for annotation purposes. If the
expression attribute is rendered as computable, the BSI MAY use these
attributes at run-time. If desired, variables MAY be used to further
enable Pre- and Post-Conditions, BeginsWhen and EndsWhen elements, as
they are of type ConditionExpressionType. For example, an XSLT variable
may be used for these attributes and allow values to be placed in them.
Variables are semantic enablers, as discussed in Section 3.4.11.

Change to: Business Transaction Activities, Complex Business Transaction
Activities and Collaboration Activities MAY define business rules with
the BeginsWhen, EndsWhen, PreCondition and PostCondition elements. These
elements MAY be used for annotation purposes. If the expression
attribute is rendered as computable, the BSI MAY use these attributes at
run-time. If desired, variables MAY be used to further enable Pre- and
PostConditions, BeginsWhen and
EndsWhen elements, as they are of type ConditionExpressionType. For
example, an XSLT variable may be used for these attributes and allow
values to be placed in them. Variables are semantic enablers, as
discussed in Section 3.4.11.

[add] It is possible that conditions, such as these, could be a part of
a standard application of a Business Transaction and/or specific to the
context of which the transaction that is used (for a Business
Transaction Activity). If conditions existed on the BT, they could act
as process gatekeepers into/out of the BT.  Enabling conditions on the
BT (in addition to where they currently exist on the BTA) may be
considered in a future version. [end add]
=====