Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Groups - ebxmlbp-2.0.1-Minutes-112205(ebxmlbp-2.0.1-Minutes-112205.txt) uploaded

Monica, ebBP TC

Greetings

Following our minuted discussion last meeting
(minute item 'c. Spec update on packages') I've two comments
about the examples:

1.     The example in 3.4.10.2 and then subsequent examples
seem to have some redundancy (which I believe Dale pointed
out elsewhere) - in the Start and the first Transition. I think there
may be other errors in the examples too. In UML there is usually
a transition between the Start and the first state element so I
wondered if the examples should show a Transition with a name
and nameID - then the Start would have a ToLink pointing to
the Transition's nameID. I think there may be other errors in the
examples (in that section 3.4.10.2 there seems to be a broken
link to 'ID122A39C23' both in the Transition and the Decision).

It seems there is some best practise here - in UML it would be odd
to have one state or psuedo-state element directly linked to
another without a transition (arrow) so I would think there
should always be a transition between states in the ebBP definition
each with a nameID so that the preceding state can link to it as
a ToLink. The examples seem to have the Start with a ToLink not
to the Transition (which is nameless) but to the next state.

2.     Apologies; my request for a multi-success-response
collaboration example does seem to be met by that in 3.4.11.2,
thankfully.

All the best

Steve

>>> <monica.martin@sun.com> 28/11/05 00:26:50 >>>
Meeting Minutes, 22 November 2005

Pending actions are in work and will be posted iteratively before Tuesday's
call, 29 November 2005.  Please note actions to the team and to specific
individuals here.

 -- Ms Monica Martin

The document named ebxmlbp-2.0.1-Minutes-112205
(ebxmlbp-2.0.1-Minutes-112205.txt) has been submitted by Ms Monica Martin
to the OASIS ebXML Business Process TC document repository.

Document Description:
Meeting Minutes, 22 November 2005

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-bp/document.php?document_id=15582