Subject: ebBP 12/20/2005: Updated Abstract Outline for ebBP for OASIS Symposium

Unless I hear otherwise today (sorry for the constrained time), I'll
upload this abbreviated abstract for the OASIS Symposium submission.
This update considers comments made in today's teleconference call
(Thanks, Sally). Regards.

Updated DRAFT:

   * Contact details: Monica J. Martin, Sun Microsystems, 877 330 9868,
     monica.martin@sun.com, Oregon)
   * Authors: OASIS ebBP TC
   * Biography: The ebBP TC is comprised of a diverse team of
     eBusiness, technologists, and functional business experts
     focused on realizing the benefits of the use of a standardized
     format for collaborative business processes. The co-chairs are
     Dale Moberg, Cyclone Commerce, and Monica J. Martin, Sun Microsystems.
   * Abstract:
         o Subject/Scope: Achieving interoperability through focusing
           on usability and best practices to enable communities of
           interest in achievable ways
         o Title: Focus on the User Community: Effectively using
           modular collaborative process definitions to realize
           eBusiness interoperability
         o Key presentation points
               + The eBusiness domain and collaborative business processes
                     # Enabling use of standard process definition
                       formats - simple business transactions to complex
collaborations using ebBP
                     # Managing the business expectations to the
technical contract and messaging services
               + Domain and partner usability - focus on solutions,
seizing the value add
                     # Modular process definitions
                     # Specializing by profile
                     # Integrating other technologies like Registry and
web services
               + Real-world use cases [1]
                     # In local government
                     # In health care
                     # In government agencies
                     # In eBusiness domains like textiles or transport
               + Summary and questions

[1] We'll solidify these closer to the event if accepted while this
bullet provides four examples. We'll provide two use cases in the
presentation.