Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] ... Request to Begin Errata ... Public Review

    Hello all.  Can we suggest a simpler method?
    We're aware that a variety of other constituencies are interested
in external submissions, and implementations, and hope to see the v2
spec formally finished soon.  There'd be some advantage to your
doing so by 15 October.  This would allow submission for OASIS
Standard status during the November voting cycle.  (The next month,
December,  risks a non-quorate vote during the second half of a
month, due to the many year-end holidays.)
   It seems to us that the proposed errata are nonsubstantive.  If
so, no further public review should be needed;  the TC simply may
vote to approve the new spec v2.0.4, as amended, as a (new)
Committee Specification and to submit it as an OS.  This can be done
by a single "special majority vote" under our rules, either by web
ballot or a meeting with assistance from Mary McRae (as TC
Administrator).  Your timing would be met so long as it completes by
15 October.
   Of course, if the TC wishes to conduct a second review for other
reasons, that also is fine.  We will contact your chairs to confirm.
   Kind regards   Jamie Clark

~ James Bryce Clark
~ Director of Standards Development, OASIS
~ jamie.clark@oasis-open.org