Subject: RE: Regarding ebBP resuing ebBP packages

Hi Sacha,

I did not find the sample signals package in the 2.04 zip packages.

Here attached is one I used in testing.

Oxygen will process the xpointers using the element scheme (you have to
run an identity xslt transform to make it replace the xinclude though).
It has problems with using just ids to locate the element. It appears to
expect xml:id on the element. But we cannot put xml:id on the element
because we already have the nameId attribute on the element and
apparently two id values (even if unique in the document) are not
allowed on an element. Seems like an unnecessary restriction to me but
it is probably just following a spec :-)

Dale Moberg

-----Original Message-----
From: Sacha Schlegel [mailto:sacha@schlegel.li]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:21 PM
To: Dale Moberg
Cc: Stephen Green; Monica J. Martin; ebXML BP

Hi Dale

I will look have a look at the CollaborationActivity tomorrow and will
follow up here on the list.

Thanks for the help with signals.

Sacha

Am Montag, den 23.04.2007, 10:06 -0700 schrieb Dale Moberg:
> [...]
(separate
> file) for reuse.
>
> Dale>> I think a sample signals package file for the default signals
> should be included in one of the zip files.
>
> Whether all signals will be used in the target package is probably no
> big issue,
> This would eliminate the copying Steve mentioned in the comment. I
would
> need to double check the scoping rules but I guess it would be OK.
>
> Dale>> I think we recommended (possibly required) that imports import
> entire packages. So place the xi:include instructions where packages
can
> be inserted.
>
>  The BusinessDocuments
> we could also xinlcude ... I would think with something like
> <xi:include href=...
> xpointer="xpointer(/ProcessSpecification/BusinessDocument) we would
get
> all BusinessDocuments from the included ProcessSpecification.
>
> Dale>> Well, we were going to insert xml chunks by complete packages.
> The motive for doing this was, I think, that there would be less
> likelihood of garbage inserts. Also recall that tooling has been slow
> support the xpointer scheme itself. Using the "element" scheme inside
> the xpointer syntax might be more widely supported. That means that
you
> might consider pointing at a specific Package element in your xpath...
>
> What I realise is that in the new (custom) business collaboration we
do
> not reuse the business collaborations but just the business
transactions
> from the included packages.
>
> Dale>> Not sure why we could not reuse business collaborations? Put
them
> into a package, xinclude them, and then reference them within a
> CollaborationActivity. Why would that not work for your use cases? You
> will need to rebind the Role values, of course. But that is part of
the
> CollaborationActivity functionality.
>

> Would it make sense to reuse complete Business Collaborations and to
> reference them like a business transaction activity in a business
> collaboration?
>
> Dale>> I am not sure I understand. CollaborationActivity should be a
> supported way to do this.
>
> This would mean that the ToLink element inside the Start element as
well

> as the FromLink, ToLink of Transition (and other constructs using
those
> Linking elements) would need to allow the reference of business
> collaborations
> instead of simply business transaction activities. A business
> collaboration
> will always have a final state (success or failure) so we can use
those
> states for transitions to further Business Collaborations or BTA's.
Such
> reference to a business collaboration would need need Performs
elements.

> Is this completely off? Against some common understanding of ebBP?
>
> Dale>> Check on the CollaborationActivity. See whether it has enough
> functionality to do what you are envisioning. I may not understand the
> problem you are facing correctly so please follow up if there needs to
> be something else done. There is a lot of support for reuse and
library
> design in version 2.0.
>
> Regards
>
> Sacha

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ProcessSpecification xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
 xsi:schemaLocation="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-bp/ebbp-2.0 /Schemas/ebbp-2.0.3.xsd"
 xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-bp/ebbp-2.0";
 name="signals-package"
 nameID="sp23"
 uuid="urn:ebBP:signalsPackage"
  instanceVersion="1" specificationVersion="2">
    <Package name="bpss:signals:2.0"  nameID="signal1">
        <Signal name="ra" nameID="ra2">
            <Specification location="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxmlbp/ebbp-signals-2.0";
                name="ReceiptAcknowledgement" nameID="rabpss2"/>
        </Signal>
        <Signal name="rae" nameID="rae2">
            <Specification location="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxmlbp/ebbp-signals-2.0";
                name="ReceiptAcknowledgementException" nameID="raebpss2"/>
        </Signal>
        <Signal name="aa" nameID="aa2">
            <Specification location="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxmlbp/ebbp-signals-2.0";
                name="AcceptanceAcknowledgement" nameID="aabpss2"/>
        </Signal>
        <Signal name="aae" nameID="aae2">
            <Specification location="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxmlbp/ebbp-signals-2.0";
                name="AcceptanceAcknowledgementException" nameID="aaebpss2"/>
        </Signal>
        <Signal name="ge" nameID="ge2">
            <Specification location="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxmlbp/ebbp-signals-2.0";
                name="GeneralException" nameID="gebpss2"/>
        </Signal>
    </Package>
</ProcessSpecification>