ebxml-cppa-comment message

Subject: AW: Re: [ebxml-cppa-negot] Issues for Discussion: templates and dummyvalues

Hi Marty

I have some comments on your discussion about templates and dummy
values. I think that adding an optional attribute "dummy value" to all
relevant items in the CPPA spec could avoid confusion and ease the
management of CPA templates with several NDDs. When a template is
created the elements that need to be included in a corresponding NDD can
already be marked in the CPA template. After creation of the NDD the
tags can be used to check automatically whether something has been
forgotten. When someone looks at the template he does not have to check
the NDD to detect dummy values. A system would have to parse the CPA
template anyway to check whether it conforms to his party's CPP. It
would no longer be mandatory to have a NDD for a CPA template that just
needs some party information to be filled in. The presence of dummy
values could also be used to check whether a CPA is still in template or
already in (acceptable) draft status.

regards

Michael