ebxml-cppa-comment message

Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa-comment] AW: Re: [ebxml-cppa-negot] Issues forDiscussion: templates and dummy values

Vetter, Michael wrote:

>Hi Marty
>
>I have some comments on your discussion about templates and dummy
>values. I think that adding an optional attribute "dummy value" to all
>relevant items in the CPPA spec could avoid confusion and ease the
>management of CPA templates with several NDDs. When a template is
>created the elements that need to be included in a corresponding NDD can
>already be marked in the CPA template. After creation of the NDD the
>tags can be used to check automatically whether something has been
>forgotten. When someone looks at the template he does not have to check
>the NDD to detect dummy values. A system would have to parse the CPA
>template anyway to check whether it conforms to his party's CPP. It
>would no longer be mandatory to have a NDD for a CPA template that just
>needs some party information to be filled in. The presence of dummy
>values could also be used to check whether a CPA is still in template or
>already in (acceptable) draft status.

mm1: We discussed this issue in today's call. I have one question to the
CPPA team, would these dummy values be actual default values or anything
but empty (if required or optional and present)? We didn't discuss dummy
vs. default today (my line connection was very bad so I didn't speak
up). Thanks.