Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa-negot] reinstating a prior offer or counter offer

If we have consensus on supporting "reinstating prior offer" functionality,
the new response conditions will have to be included in Jean's message
document.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com

                      "Dale Moberg"
                      <dmoberg@cycloneco        To:       Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
                      mmerce.com>               cc:       <ebxml-cppa-negot@lists.oasis-open.org>
                      08/27/2002 04:09
                      PM

Right, I was actually responding to your
message on 8/20 and also Jean's updated message
document. I am trying to find out if Jean's message proposal
was to support the "reinstating prior offer" functionality.

Thanks
Dale

====================

Please see my proposal posted 8/20/02 at 4:47 PM or a bit later. The
idea
is to be able to put either the original offer or a prior counter offer
back on the table.The "Conditionally accepted"  response lets the party
that sent the offer or counter offer know that the other party may
request
resubmission of it later using "re-send prior offer".  Part of this
complexity is to avoid the need to keep more than one offer on the table
at
the same time. Have a look at the original proposal.

Regards,
Marty

*************

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com
*************

                      "Dale Moberg"

                      <dmoberg@cycloneco        To:       Martin W
Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, <ebxml-cppa-negot@lists.oasis-
                      mmerce.com>                open.org>

                                                cc:

                      08/27/2002 02:34          Subject:  RE:
[ebxml-cppa-negot] reinstating a prior offer or counter offer
                      PM

The status message values discussed in Jean's
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-cppa-negot/200208/msg00050.ht
ml
do not include values such as:
"conditionally accepted"

which could be a signal that a resend of
an already proposed CPA can occur later
(if I have the essentials correct here).

Are we going to include it? Could it just
be a submode of counterproposal?

Dale