Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa-negot] who sends the finished CPA to whom?

+1 ! (I guess that is agreement factorial)

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin W Sachs [mailto:mwsachs@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 3:12 PM
To: ebxml-cppa-negot@lists.oasis-open.org

This relates to the discussion in the last conference call regarding
which
party sends the finished CPA to the other party for verification and
signing.  I believe I have the answer.

Consider the case where Party A sends an initial offer to Party B and
Party
B accepts it.  If signing was included, then Party A signed the initial
offer when sending it to Party B.  Therefore, Party B has the initiative
sign and send the final CPA to Party A.

By extension, it appears that in general, the Party that receives the
final
counter offer and accepts it has the initiative to return the finished
CPA
to the other party (signed, if signing is agreed to).  I believe that
the
two cases are consistent and result in a simpler implementation.  They
certainly make my flow chart simpler :-)

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center