Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa-negot] updated message content

Jean,

I suggest the following with regard to Negotiation Content (under Business
Documents on page  1 of your writeup).

We need one more bullet under Negotiation Content:
- Accepted elements.  These are the elements in the prior offer or counter
offer that the sending party has accepted. Providing this information
enables the other party to keep track of progress without having to do a
detailed analysis in each iteration.

The words in the specification need to include attributes as well as
elements.  I suggest saying "item" and explaining that an item is an
element or attribute.

Should we provide for referring to the root of an entire subtree instead of
referring to all its individual elements and attributes? There are at least
two cases for this:
1. Stating that a whole subtree has been accepted.
2. Stating that the presence or absence of a subtree is negotiable but none
of its child elements are negotiable.

I suggest that we recommend the following:  If a party creates the CPA
template for an initial offer by modifying the other party's published CPA
template, the party making an SHOULD offer include the changes made to the
other party's CPA (deleted, updated, inserted).  This is information is not
essential but might save the other party effort in analyzing the offered
template.

- Does anyone have thoughts on this particular item?  Will it be useful to
the receiving party or would the receiving party prefer to analyze the
whole offer anyway?

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com

                      Jean Zheng
                      <jzheng@vitria.          To:       ebxml-cppa-negot@lists.oasis-open.org
                      com>                     cc:
                                               Subject:  [ebxml-cppa-negot] updated message content
                      08/22/2002 10:43
                      PM

Per our discussion from last week, here is the updated message content.
Changes made:
1. incorporating Hima's BPSS instance description: one Offer, followed by a
group of Counter-Offers until a final Reject or Accept or Expired.
2. Add in "BusinessDocumentName" element into each message, it is used to
identify the actual Message.

 <<NegotiationMessageContent.doc>>

Any suggestion is appreciated!  Please also let me know if I missed
anything or misunderstood anything.

Cheers,
Jean

#### NegotiationMessageContent.doc has been removed from this note on
August 28 2002 by Martin W Sachs