Subject: Re: FW: [ebxml-cppa-negot] Work item 2 or so -- comments on Kartha andMarty Coimments on draft.doc

Dale,

I agree that the Web services approach that you postulate below would
require a rather different approach to negotiation at the SOAP/WSDL level.

I was thinking more along the lines of agreements of the style of the CPA,
i.e. a single XML document that expresses what both parties have agreed to.
Such agreements ought to be amenable to treatment along the lines of our
negotiation specification and in principle, at least, much of our
specification should be usable. I envision such an agreement to be used
within the Web services environment but it would be "outband" of WSDL.  It
might be referred to in a WSDL description via one of its extensibility
elements. These agreements might be closer to the business level than WSDL
or CPA and hence get into some of the more complex business negotiation
scenarios, however.

We definitely should hold off on this discussion until we solidify what we
are now doing.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com

                      Dale Moberg
                      <dmoberg@cycloneco        To:       ebxml-cppa-negot@lists.oasis-open.org
                      mmerce.com>               cc:
                                                Subject:  FW: [ebxml-cppa-negot] Work item 2 or so -- comments on Kartha and Marty
                      11/20/2002 11:13           Coimments on draft.doc
                      AM

Copying to list also. Dale