Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa-negot] Work item 2 or so -- comments on Kartha andMarty Coimments on draft.doc

Marty and Dale,
I've updated the Negotiation Message Section.  The changes are tracked in Word.
Schema is updated by adding a "itemStatusValue.type" attribute 'status' to the AcceptedItem/UpdatedItem/DeletedItem/InsertedItem element.
The valid values of this attribute is either "Required" or "Preferred".  This new addition is derived based on the Main Spec's original 13.10.1 section "Response to Offer and Counter Offer.

I've also updated the counteroffer.xml to reflect this change in schema.

Please see the attached zip file for the documents mentioned above.

In the updated Negotiation Message doc, new section 1.3.1 Responses to Offer and Counter Offer, line number 239,
regarding "Identification of items that were accepted in the previous offer or counter offer."
Is this necessary?  Can’t we include this in the AcceptedItem section?  What’s the benefit of identifying items accepted from previous offer or counter offer?  If we do list such identifications, should we associate each accepted item with the particular MessageId, too?

Cheers,
Jean

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin W Sachs [mailto:mwsachs@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 12:28 PM
To: dmoberg@cyclonecommerce.com; Jean Zheng
Cc: ebxml-cppa-negot@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ebxml-cppa-negot] Work item 2 or so -- comments on Kartha and
Marty Coimments on draft.doc

Dale, Jean:

In Dale's replies below, the following are still open.

DALE'S REPLY TO THE COMMENT AGAINST  LINE 1122:

             "   Line 1122: I do not understand assumption

          - Dale: In counter-proposals, elements that are not listed as
“add/delete/update” are accepted as is.”?
            I see this assumption as simply clarifying that you must list
as added, deleted, or updated everything
            you wish to alter in the counter-proposal.
          - Do we care that delete and add can suffice for update? Or is
the worry about inserted?"

Dale, I am not sure whether your comment is calling out open matters.
Please review Jean's latest draft of the text for the message section and
post any needed comments.

DALE'S REPLY TO THE COMMENT AGAINST LINE 1279:

      Line 1279: How is status indicated?

               Dale: "Status attribute gets value from an enumeration:

               <enumeration value="Offer"/>
       <enumeration value="CounterOffer"/>
       <enumeration value="CounterPending"/>
       <enumeration value="Rejected"/>
       <enumeration value="Accepted"/>
       <enumeration value="Expired"/>
       <enumeration value="SinglePartySigned"/>
       <enumeration value="Signed"/>

               The values in the text seem incomplete. Also we should not
put whitespace in these terms when
                talking about the enumeration IMO."

Jean, I believe that the contents of section 13.10.1 (Responses to Offer
and Counter Offer) really belong in the Negotiation Messages section.
Please review 13.10.1 and merge it into the Negotiation Messages section.
Please see Dale's reply to the comment against line 1279 to see his
proposed representation of the status attribute and the comment directly
below it.  Please also determine if any related changes are needed to the
message schema and instance examples.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com
----- Forwarded by Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM on 11/22/2002 03:10 PM -----

                      Dale Moberg
                      <dmoberg@cycloneco        To:       ebxml-cppa-negot@lists.oasis-open.org
                      mmerce.com>               cc:
                      11/19/2002 03:51           Marty Coimments on draft.doc
                      PM

Some comments on Marty's comments on Kartha's comments. Dale(See attached
file: Review of Kartha and Marty Coimments on draft.doc)