Subject: Re: Agenda item: XSD and DTD for CPP/CPA

The DTD was non-normative anyway since it cannot represent the
full expression of the XML Schema. The xsd will need to be updated,
but I concur with the sentiment that the DTD not be dropped just
yet.

Cheers,

Chris

James Bryce Clark wrote:

> At 09:22 AM 7/20/01, Tony Weida wrote:
> >Since XML Schema is now a formal W3C Recommendation, I propose that we
> >consider dropping the DTD from the next major version of our spec.
> >
> >Tony
>
> Just a preliminary reaction -- Isn't there a substantial non-behemoth user,
> and would-be-adopter, base with a substantial legacy dependency DTDs?  You
> might not want to bail on those people right away.    In spite of the
> superiority and inevitability of schema, I'm not sure the upgrade path
> looks easy to them.
>
> Jamie

begin:vcard
n:Ferris;Christopher
tel;cell:508-667-0402
tel;work:781-442-3063
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc;XTC Advanced Development
version:2.1
email;internet:chris.ferris@east.sun.com
title:Sr. Staff Engineer
fn:Christopher Ferris