Subject: Re: CPPA teleconference minutes: August 23, 2001

Tony,

I'm posting this to the list since I am not sure it is strictly a minutes
fidelity matter.

In "Preliminary Discussion", you discuss "...steps in order for the ebXML
CPPA 1.0 specification to be moved over to OASIS". I had understood the
discussion to concern V 1.1 and future versions.  Is it necessary to go
through an OASIS approval process for V 1.0?  Are other teams doing this?
It seems to me that unless getting V 1.0 approved by OASIS is a
precondition to future versions, we should avoid the overhead of getting V
1.0 approved and save the energy for working on V 1.1.  Of course, putting
an OASIS cover on it would allow us to claim that it is a standard rather
than a specification but if there is a significant cost in an approval
process, it may not be worth it.

Tony Weida <TonyW@EDIFECS.COM> on 08/23/2001 10:51:08 PM