Subject: RE: CPPA teleconference minutes: August 23, 2001

Hi Marty,

Sorry about the confusion.

Karl Best sent all three ebxml groups (MSG, Registry, and us)
a request to move the ebxml 1.0 specs to Oasis standards, and I
have been treating this as something that probably would
not take much time or effort other than voting and meeting
the other requirements (such as three member users).

We do need to have a TC vote on whether to move 1.0
to an Oasis specification. I see you have voiced reservations;
do others likewise think it is a diversion of resources
and not really needed? Other opinions?

I don't want to spend too much energy on this issue,
and we would need a motion and second and all that
at the next voting meeting, second Thursday of September.

Dale

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin W Sachs [mailto:mwsachs@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 7:30 AM
To: Tony Weida
Cc: Dale Moberg; CPPA (E-mail)

Tony,

I'm posting this to the list since I am not sure it is strictly a
minutes
fidelity matter.

In "Preliminary Discussion", you discuss "...steps in order for the
ebXML
CPPA 1.0 specification to be moved over to OASIS". I had understood the
discussion to concern V 1.1 and future versions.  Is it necessary to go
through an OASIS approval process for V 1.0?  Are other teams doing
this?
It seems to me that unless getting V 1.0 approved by OASIS is a
precondition to future versions, we should avoid the overhead of getting
1.0 approved and save the energy for working on V 1.1.  Of course,
putting
an OASIS cover on it would allow us to claim that it is a standard
rather
than a specification but if there is a significant cost in an approval
process, it may not be worth it.

Tony Weida <TonyW@EDIFECS.COM> on 08/23/2001 10:51:08 PM