Subject: Nonrepudiation of receipt in CPA

After today's conference call, I realized that I should emphasize a point
that I made a few weeks ago with an additional matter that I overlooked at
the time.

NRR is expressed in the CPA by the NonRepudiation element under
ebXMLBinding in the delivery channel.  The delivery channel describes a
Party's receive properties.  Nonrepudiation requires action by both
parties.  However signing is done by the From Party.  So having it NRR in
the delivery channel (receive properties) is a bit peculiar.  The points
that I don't think I made previously are these:

   Although NonRepudiation is in the delivery channel (receive properties),
   the certificate which must be referenced is for signing the message.
   This certificate belongs to the From party, not the To party.  If we
   leave NonRepudiation where it is, the text must make it clear that the
   certificate is one belonging to the other party, not the party that owns
   this delivery channel.

    Because the certificate belongs to the other party, the certificate
   reference is meaningless in the CPP.  The text should state that the
   certificate referenced in the CPP must be replaced  by a reference to
   the other party's certificate when the CPA is composed.

A better solution is to provide "send" delivery channels along with the
"receive" delivery channels though this is probably out of scope for V1.1.