Subject: Re: Updated CPP/A schema and example files

Kartha:

Please see my responses inline.

Thanks,
-Arvola
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Kartha, Neelakantan <N_Kartha@stercomm.com>
  To: 'Arvola Chan' <arvola@tibco.com>; ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org
<ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org>
  Cc: ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org <ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org>
  Date: Friday, September 28, 2001 5:24 PM

  A few comments/questions:

  1. The schemaLocation for the three import elements is (currently)
incorrect.

  <ac>
  What specific problem do you see here? The imported schemas can be found
at the indicated locations. I also have been able to read in the file
draft-cpp-cpa-00.xsd into a schema editor that supports the W3C
Recommendation without any reported error.
  </ac>

  2. I have noticed several places where the schema is less restrictive than
the spec. For instance, the spec says that PartyRef has
  two required attributes: xlink:type and xlink:href. However, this is not
enforced by the schema. Similarly, the spec states that a CPA has two
required  PartyInfo elements. This is not enforced by the schema.

  <ac>
  I took the XSD used in the 1.0 spec and upgraded it to conform to the W3C
Recommendation. I have not done any work to test for consistency with the
prose section of the specification. I will fix the two inconsistencies you
have identified. Please report all such inconsistencies as you encounter
them.
  </ac>

  3. Where is the type timeDuration (of the element PersistDuration)
defined?

  <ac>
  It should be duration instead; timeDuration is only found in the Candidate
Recommendation version of XML Schema. For some reason, this problem was not
detected by the tool I was using.
  </ac>

  Kartha