Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] Override element

Arvola,

I assume you are talking about the application deciding on sync vs async
dynamically for each message from the particular action.  I think that the
spec somewhere says that dynamic selection of a delivery channel is allowed
but we never worked out the consequences.

For your particular question, I would think that allowing either more than
one Service Binding  element, allowing more than one override element under
the service binding, or allowing more than one delivery channel to be
specified under the override element would be possible. The question is
which is easier for software.

With any alternative, software would have to expect each of the alternative
delivery channels to identify the one with the desired value of the
syncReplyMode attribute.  We maybe  could make it a bit easier by
introducing redundancy, by labelling each of the override elements or
delivery channel IDs with "sync" or "nonsync".  The problem with this is
that we might later find other reasons for defining alternative delivery
channels under an action, so the number of possible labels could grow.  My
conclusion is that we could permit more than one delivery channel for an
action by any of the ways I suggesed above but software would then have to
inspect the attributes of each of them to pick otu the correct one.  The
CPA could be deployed in a manner which makes this decision as simple as
possible.

Arvola Chan <arvola@tibco.com> on 10/18/2001 09:26:44 PM