Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa] Re: CPA between IM's?

Resending because of email problems with
cppa list. Dale Moberg.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Moberg
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 11:26 AM
To: Martin W Sachs; Dan Weinreb
Cc: ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org

Dan and Marty,

In Palo Alto, at the second face to face, I believe
that what we decided is: that CPPA did not want
to produce distinct formats, or distinct processing cases,
for CPAs governing To and From agreements and for
CPAS governing Party and IM agreements, at the 1.1 alignment
level. We then reported on this to Messaging. Messaging
responded with their current changes that have shaped some
features of the 1.1 version (Via gone, SynchReply as a SOAP
module, etc, etc).

Some of us would like to see future
discussion about assimilating
IMs to parts of a BP. Then the PartyIds
could be for the originating/receiving Party
and the IM as a full participant
in the BP. In that case, there would only typically
be two CPAs for the IM case:
the agreement for From and IM,
and the agreement for IM and To.
(A third CPA would be used
for any BP actions/signals
that involved
direct transport between
From and To or vice versa.)

If IMs are only SOAP IMs, then
we await the XMLP clarification
of SOAP IM, and we will follow
that. We hope that for the
SOAP IM case, the SOAP IM is not
part of the BP. In that case,
no CPA is to be defined except
for Source MSH and Sink MSH.
(the From and To Parties.)
We do not know how SOAP IMs will
handle their configuration.
But the URL Transport/Endpoint
for this case, would be those URLs of the IM, and
they would be contained within the CPA between
From Party and To Party.
If SOAP IM configuration issues are
decided to be in scope
(no decision yet on that from CPPA TC
members or anyone else, for that matter),
then we would take up
the requirements at the 2.0
level.

That is where I think we stand after Palo Alto.
However, it remains possible that the
"three" CPA approach will be revived
for the IM case ( CPAs for From and To,
From and IM, and IM and To).