Subject: Re: (long) RE: [ebxml-cppa] Purpose of CertificateRef inCollaborationRole

Arvola,

You said:

"Normally, a DeliveryChannel and its referenced  DocExchange represent a
party's receive parameters with the exception that the  certificate
reference under NonRepudiation really represents the sender's  signing
certificate."

MWS:  (suggestion for words in the specification):  Instead of " the
sender's  signing certificate", it should say "the party's signing
certificate as a sender" (to make it clear that it is the same party).

"When a DeliveryChannel's BusinessProcessCharacteristics  indicates that
sync reply is in use, the same HTTP connection is also used to  return the
response message. The response message may have to signed and/or
encrypted. I have been assuming that the certificates used by the receiver
as  a responder should also be obtainable from the NonRepudiation and
DigitalEnvelope elements associated with the DeliveryChannel that is used
by  the receiver to receive the (request) message in the first  place."

MWS:  The certificates obtainable from the NonRepudiation and
DigitalEnvelope elements are the certificates that the same party uses to
sign outgoing messages or for the digital envelope key exchange for
outgoing messages. It has nothing to do with received messages. To me,
these are the same certificates that would be used for signing or
encrypting outgoing asynchronous responses.

MWS:  Note: I have been assuming that for incoming messages, the receiving
party decrypts using its private key corresponding to the certificate that
the other party used to encrypt the message.  I assume that the same is
true for signing.

</ac>

Arvola Chan <arvola@tibco.com> on 12/18/2001 03:42:47 PM