Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] Updated schema + examples

Peter:

I agree with you on point #1.

I will use draft-cpp-cpa-08b.xsd as the starting point for my wildcard related schema changes.

I am applying my changes using the 1.03 version Tony has sent me. I expect to send you my updated version by the end of tomorrow.

Regards,
-Arvola
-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Ogden <pogden@cyclonecommerce.com>
To: Arvola Chan <arvola@tibco.com>; ebXML-CPPA (E-mail) <ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 4:36 PM

Arvola:

1. Regarding your point 1 below, are you in favor of doing this now? To me, when we start specializing things into CPP and CPA flavors, we might as well ask whether we should just have different schemas for each. And *that* seems like more than we should bite off for 1.1. My opinion is that we should stick with your original suggestion of documenting that the OPBA will be used only in the CPA and call it good for now.

2. Regarding your point 2, more sloppiness on my part (sigh). The fixed version (08b) is attached.

3. Regarding your point 3, I updated the examples accordingly (attached). I wish there was some straightforward way to allow parties to reference/include predefined SimplePart and Packaging elements located external to the CPPs, because requiring parties to define these things properly, on their own, seems like a usability problem. The XInclude specification looks promising, but it's not a Recommendation yet.

4. I will be submitting text changes for the spec corresponding to the *CertificateRef, SecurityDetails, *SecurityDetailsRef, *Sender* and *Receiver* changes to the schema. I hope I can get this done by Friday.

Peter