Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Re: [ebxml-cppa] Re: v. 2.0 ebXML xsd schema directory

Rich:

I agree with your first point.

With respect to your second point on referring to the canonical location
http://www.w2.org/2001/xml.xsd, I like to bring your attention to the
following excerpt from that schema:

 <xs:annotation>
  <xs:documentation>In keeping with the XML Schema WG's standard versioning
   policy, this schema document will persist at
   http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd.
   At the date of issue it can also be found at
   http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd.
   The schema document at that URI may however change in the future,
   in order to remain compatible with the latest version of XML Schema
   itself.  In other words, if the XML Schema namespace changes, the version
   of this document at
   http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd will change
   accordingly; the version at
   http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd will not change.
  </xs:documentation>
 </xs:annotation>

I think we should set the xsi:schemaLocation for the xml namespace to
http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd.

-Arvola