Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] CPPA Version 1.05

Duane,

My responses are inline ...

Tony

----- Original Message -----
From: "Duane Nickull" <duane@xmlglobal.com>
To: "Tony Weida" <rweida@hotmail.com>
Cc: "CPPA" <ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 4:39 PM

> > Tony Weida wrote:
> >
> > CPPA version 1.05 is attached.  The zip file includes the
> > specification, the XSD, an example CPA, and example CPPs.  This is
> > the last version before the F2F.
> > >>>>>

> Tony et al:
>
> Will the comments regarding the link to a recognizable XML format for
> the Party details be addressed at the face to face? (ie - necessary for
> context to be implemented).  HTML is NOT acceptable for this.  What
> happens if I were to write my party information in HTML using characters
> that you can;t read (ie - Japanese Kanji, Korean, Hebrew etc.).

Issue 151, Specify type for PartyRef, was targeted for consideration during
the version 1.1 time frame and will be discussed at the F2F.

A CPP author can already identify a type according to the current spec.

If the type is not identified, then by default (and only by default) the
referenced document must be HTML.

Personal opinion: if a CPP author chooses to use HTML and some natural
language that I don't understand, that IS acceptable -- even if you or I
might feel that "better" choices are available.  Anyone who finds it
unacceptable can, of course, take their business elsewhere.

> Also,  what is the status of the oid:urn investigation?  I know that
> Dale M. is looking into that with OASIS however, using "tp:type="DUNS"
> is currently a totally unnacceptable alternative since Dun + Bradstreet
> numbers are not given out globally or easily nor has D+B set up a lookup
> Registry.

I believe that discussions with OASIS are ongoing.