Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa] A big issue

     I firmly believe that registries & repositories are an essential part
of the b2b architecture.  However, it's implementation can vary.  Global
registries/repositories are very nice; and enterprises are going to have
their own registries/repositories (I would recommend using them to cache
information from the public registries to improve performance).  Naturally,
enterprise local registries/repositories are needed in the abscence of
public/global registries/repositories.  These enterprise local registries
may be implemented using file systems, databases, LDAP, and any other
technology.
     Note that I'm not saying that the registries are the *center* of
operations.  I am saying that they are inherit to the problem being solved.
Of course, globally accessable ebXML compliant registries/repositories would
be very helpful.
     I agree with Chris' last paragraph about URI resolution and
registry/repository.  URNs carry important semantics (thus, I believe better
than UUIDs).  Registries/repositories will help enforce the semantics.

Cheers,
Brian