Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] A big issue

Chris:

I think you may have (slightly) misunderstood my message.  Your comments
are all valid though and I agree with them.

The only time UID will be used is during the Design and Discovery
Phases, not Runtime.  There are no calls to the Registry during Runtime
as per the Technical Architecture v 1.04.

The Registry lookup is not the only thing that UID's would be used for.
The purpose of a UID is to positively identify a specific BPSS.  If I
encounter that someone else that claims in their CPP they "can" support
a BPSS with a UID of 123, and my system already knows that I support the
same BPSS,  then they are a candidate for business.

On other words,  the UID allows us to build a local knowledge base
rather than running to the Registry every time we are in
Discovery/Design phases.

Christopher Ferris wrote:

> I do feel strongly that a) the registry/repository should
> provide for URI resolution of artifacts stored within
> and b) that any runtime retrieval/resolution of
> artifacts such as the BPSS instance should be accessible
> via web protocols. I think that adding in the complexity
> of having to use a registry API.
The RIM gives you the URI but it is fine to have it in the CPP as a
secondary measure.  THis way the BPSS is not dependant on any one
Registry instance which I also agree is a good thing.

Duane

--
CTO, XML Global Technologies