Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa] CPP identification revisited

I think we should definitely drop the entire Note about
Registry identifiers for CPPs.

The cppid identifier is supposed to
be unique, as we now say in v1.07. That
should give implementers an identifier
for a CPP.

Do we need to add a scope
for globally, universally, cross-all
actual-and-alternative-universes uniqueness?

The original uniqueness intent was unique
within CPPs of a Party, which is less
than globally unique. Maybe we should state the scope
within which uniqueness is to be assured?

URN resolution process is still not very
well-defined, standardized, or even
with a de facto practice, as far as I can tell from
the IETF URN WG RFC list. I think that is a 3.0
goal to explain how using URNs will support interop while
allowing extensions.

Dale Moberg