Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] HTTP connection timeout

If you want to use transactions for deterministic
business state alignment (that is, legally binding),
IMO the timeout value is a requirement and must
be mutually agreed.

(The above is my summary of a lot of discussions
about legally binding transactions in ebXML-BP and
eBTWG.  Jamie Clark could deliver the official
interpretation, and if he disagrees with me,
I'd go with him...)

Bob Haugen

----- Original Message -----
From: Arvola Chan <arvola@tibco.com>
To: <ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 1:37 PM
Subject: [ebxml-cppa] HTTP connection timeout

In the case of synchronous reply, we have indicated that the
transaction's timeToPerform can be used as the timeout for the HTTP
connection.

But what about asynchronous interactions using the HTTP binding? After
the sender sends an asynchronous request to the receiver, the latter is
supposed to return a 200 OK status code. How long must the sender wait
for this status code? Should we leave this as a local configuration
parameter or do we need to specify a mutually agreed timeout in the CPA?

-Arvola