Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa] FW: [ebxml-dev] ebxml message schema

Title: FW: ebxml message schema
I may be out of my element here but why aren't you importing the dsig namespace and the schema directly from w3c?  Why have you referenced this particular critical schema file from a directory on oasis-open.org?  Doesn't that just open up synchronization issues?
e.g.,
<xsd:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"
    schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd"/>
Joel Munter,
Distributed Systems, Intel Labs

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Moberg [mailto:dmoberg@cyclonecommerce.com]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 10:45 AM
To: ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ebxml-cppa] FW: [ebxml-dev] ebxml message schema

I think we need to fix this.

Dale

-----Original Message-----
From: Leanne Luger [mailto:leanne@zenaptix.com]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 8:41 AM
To: ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
Subject: [ebxml-dev] ebxml message schema

Hi
We have noticed that the xmldsig schema imported in the version 2 of the
message schema has a different location from the one used in the cpa/cpp
schema. This in itself is not a problem, however these schema's definitions
are different yet both use the same namespace. This plays havoc with our
object mapping tool's notion that same namespaces means similar schema defs.

<import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" schemaLocation="http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd"/>

>From above location (snip)
<element name="SignatureValue" type="ds:SignatureValueType"/>
<complexType name="SignatureValueType">
    <simpleContent>
        <extension base="base64Binary">
            <attribute name="Id" type="ID" use="optional"/>
        </extension>
    </simpleContent>
</complexType>

 <import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" schemaLocation="http://ebxml.org/project_teams/transport/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd"/>

>From above location (same snip) ?
<element name="SignatureValue" type="ds:CryptoBinary" />
<simpleType name="CryptoBinary">
    <restriction base="binary">
?       <encoding value="base64" />
? </restriction>
?</simpleType>

Would you please consider giving a different namespace to the later version.

Regards Ian & Leanne
ian@zenaptix.com
leanne@zenaptix.com