Subject: [ebxml-cppa] Questions and comments about latest CPPA examples

Dear Dale Moberg,
Dear Alvola Chan,

As I said before, I explained latest CPPA specification and related
specifications (MSG and BPSS) to XML/EDI Standardization Committee and
XML/EDI Promotion Committee in Japan by presenting following full-line or
full-fledged examples.
-3a4.XML  (Business-Process Document of RosettaNet PIP3A4)
-draft-cpp-example-companyA-012.xml
-draft-cpp-example-companyB-012.xml
-draft-cpa-example-012.xml
And I presented supplementary document (Microsoft PPT) named 'Explanation of
Example of CPPA V1.05', which I posted before.
I think many experts of IT venders and business experts promoting EDI in
industries in Japan generally understood structure and functions of CPPA
specification and relationship with Process-Specification Document based on
BPSS specification, and MSG Header based on MSG specification.

In these procedures of studying these latest examples, I have following
questions and comments about examples of CPPA V1.08.
Please give me some comments.

1. About 3A4.xml

There is description about Business document under BusinessDocument element
as follows.

<BusinessDocument name="Puchase Order Request"
nameID="Pip3A4PurchaseOrderRequest"
specificationLocation="%SYSTEM
/XMLPIPVALIDATION/3A4/PurchaseOrderRequest.xsd">

There is specificationLocation attribute that specifies this Business
document.
I cannot understand the contents of the document specified by
specificationLocation
attribute.
BPSS specification says 'specificationLocation is Reference to an external
source of the schema definition'
Is the 'schema definition' definitions of components or terms in this
Business Document?
Is there some example of this kind of schema definition?
If there is, please let me know.

2. About draft-cpp-example-companyA-014a.XML

(1) About CanSend element
The third CanSend element in this CPP example has one ThisPartyActionBinding
element
and two CanReceive elements.
I don't know whether this structure is correct or not correct.
I think this structure may be mistaken. Because CPPA specification says 'The
CanSend element identifies an action message that a Party is capable of
sending. It has two sub-elements: ThisPartyActionBinding and
OtherPartyActionBinding.'. This definition means CanSend element is not
allowed to have CanReceive element.

(2) About Certificate element
In the latest example of CPPA (draft-cpp-example-companyA-014a.xml), there
is contents in ds:Keyinfo element as follows.

<tp:Certificate tp:certId="CompanyA_AppCert">
  <ds:KeyInfo>
    <ds:KeyName>CompanyA_AppCert_Key</ds:KeyName>
  </ds:KeyInfo>
</tp:Certificate>

There is KeyName information under ds:KeyInfo element.
-Is this example, which specifies KeyName as KeyInfo, typical usage of
Certificate element?

-There is no description about ds:KeyName element in the latest CPPA
specification V1.08.
I think some description of ds:KeyName element is necessary in the
specification.

Regards,
Yukinori Saito
Yukinori Saito
Electronic Commerce Promotion Council of Japan (ECOM)
E-mail: y-saito@ecom.jp
Tel: +81-3-3436-7542    Fax: +81-3-3436-7570