Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa] WEDi/SNIP Electronic Trading Partner Agreements forHIPAA

Hi,

We are still wrapping up details connected with 2.0, and
we have active commitments to work on:

1. Oasis CPPA Negotiation protocol
2. BTP role capability and agreement representation.

All other possible work items are still being
prioritized, such as what are the requirements
for agreements concerning Core Component
"Contexts"

We do have several futures projects that might
be relevant to the e-TPA initiative you describe.

3. We want to attempt to provide support for
specific business process or service flow representations
beyond BPSS.
4. We want to be able to discuss security
and transport bindings for other "protocol profiles"
beyond ebXML Messaging.

There is no data type restriction
for payloads within ebXML, so I do not anticipate use
of EDI style syntaxes for the payload data to be an issue.

Do you know whether HIPAA/WEDi/SNIP
intends to adopt or create a way
of specifying business processes? Will there just
be document names?

We might still be able to work
out conventions for that use case and subsume it
under future project 3; we will need
to decide how to refer to Service and Action names,
and what to say about the ProcessSpecification, for example.

It might be worthwhile to start a discussion
mailing thread devoted to exploring your requirements.
Do you think that would be useful?

Bye
Dale Moberg
TC Chair