Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] CPPA version 1.10

> Tony Weida wrote:
>
>  CPPA version 1.10 is attached.

Tony and all:

Until the issue of PartyID attribute "type" is resolved, I wil not
support this document.  I wish to suggest the changes.

Currently you have:

<element name="PartyId">
  <complexType>
    <simpleContent>
      <extension base="tns:non-empty-string">
	<attribute name="type" type="tns:non-empty-string"/>
      </extension>
    </simpleContent>
  </complexType>
</element>

There has to be somthing sematically meaningful for this to be a party
identifier.  For now,  I suggest the following:

Change the attribute content model to an enumerated list of

( DUNS | URL | ... )

and allow companies to chose one of several types of PartyID's that are
guaranteed to be unique.  If DUNS is guaranteed unique, then it can be
used but you must specify the semantics of DUNS somewhere.  I suggest
you put this in the specification that governs this schema. Clearly
state that " a value of "DUNS" indicates the Dun and Bradstreets
identification number of the company as given by ...".  Make the same
type of statement for any other unique identifiers types you allow int
he enumerated list.  For instance, "URL is instance value of a properly
formed URL owned by the Trading Partner.."

Otherwise,  this is completely useless and will not meet the
requirements of CPPA.

Please give this some serious thought.  We can always expand the
enumerated list later based on requirements of companies.

Duane Nickull
--
CTO, XML Global Technologies