Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] CPPA version 1.10

Duane,

Sure, we could define an enumeration that included
DUNS, but there are many others out there. If the
enumeration is used, then it is effectively a closed list and only the
owners of the schema can extend to add other namespaces.
This approach seems to me to be quite unnecessarily constraining.

Why don't you lobby D&B to get (or publicly declare) a
namespace identifier. This has only been an issue for
I don't know how long. Seems to me that the UN could
excersize some of its clout to encourage D&B to help
with this problem.

Just establishing a closed enumeration is NOT IMO
a viable solution to this issue and I won't support
it if we choose this route.

Cheers,

Chris