Subject: [ebxml-cppa] RE: Modification: Vote Closes April 26 ebXML CPPABALLOTfor Specification version 1.9 Approval

The copyright statements in 1.12a are in accordance
with OASIS requirements relayed us by Karl Best.

Karl conveyed these requirements on copyright issues:

"1. V2 is an OASIS spec, not a joint OASIS/CEFACT spec, so you need to
take CEFACT out of the footer on every page, and take their logo off the
top of the first page. In the copyright statement on p87 you should
state "portions copyright 2001 by OASIS and UN/CEFACT" in order to give
CEFACT half credit for v1. (Take a look at the RS and RIM specs to see
how they did all this.)

"2. All the copyrights need to say 2002 instead of 2001.

"3. The copyright statements on p87 are incomplete. There's a few
additional paragraphs that need to be included. Grab everything from the
OASIS IPR policy (and again look at the RIM and RS specs for examples).

Tony actually made these changes in the 1.12 draft.

Dale Moberg

-----Original Message-----
From: James Bryce Clark [mailto:jamie.clark@mmiec.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2002 1:33 PM
To: Dale Moberg
Cc: ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: Modification: Vote Closes April 26 ebXML CPPA BALLOTfor
Specification version 1.9 Approval

At 09:22 AM 4/19/02, you wrote:
>We agreed today to extend the voting period to April 26 at midnight
>PDT.  This was to restore consistency between what was announced on the

>web page and the email ballot (which I misremembered as being a week
from
>being sent out rather than a week from the Friday version 1.12a
edition.)
>I will send out the 1.12a version shortly. It is understood that the
>version will change to 1.9 upon approval (and the text changes will be
>made for that).
>
>We still need a more complete voter turnout to fulfill Oasis
>requirements!  * * *

     Hello Dale -- As discussed on the conference call, I will vote, and

have no objections to moving the substance of 1.12a (soon to be renamed
1.9) to public exposure.
      But as I am burdened with the bias of being a CEFACT rep, I need
see the form of the copyright & IP statement to be included as dictated
by
OASIS, so that I'm not embarrassed by a surprise later.  I understand
you
will circulate it shortly and I will respond ASAP.
     Thanks   Jamie

~ James Bryce Clark
~ VP and General Counsel, McLure-Moynihan Inc.
~ Chair, ABA Business Law Subcommittee on Electronic Commerce
~ 1 818 597 9475   jamie.clark@mmiec.com    jbc@lawyer.com
~ This message is neither legal advice nor a binding signature.  Ask me
why.