Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] For CPPA Next-- FW: Transient Channel Requirementsfor CPP/CPA

I agree with you but the main concern of the memo I was commenting on were
initiate-only and response-only. It is also true that there can be a
response to initiate-only, so initiate-only (in the memo) is really
request-response.  My comment about Web services was also correct in that
today, service providers cannot initiate because WSDL does not provide a
way of indicating an address that a service provider can send to since
there is no service requester description.

In WSDL 1.1, the actual names of the one-way transmission primitives are
notification and acknowledgment.  Nonetheless, as I said above, a service
provider cannot initiate a dialog since it doesn't know where to send the
message.  I hope that the W3C WSDL team will do something about that.

                      "Kit K. Ko"
                      <kitko@vtc.edu.hk        To:       Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
                      >                        cc:       <ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org>
                      04/23/2002 08:34
                      PM

>TERMINOLOGY:

Martin,
>In Web Services, at the current state of their art, a service rquestor is
>initiate-only; a service provider is response-only.

Actually, there are four primitives:
1/. Request-response
2/. Solicit-response
3/. Notification
4/. Acknoledgement

1/. & 2/ above  can be modeled abstractly using two one-way messages.

Kit