Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa] RE: exam CPPA BALLOT for Specification version 1.9Approval (VOTE ENDS April 26)

Just to keep you all informed as much as we are able, I'll let you know
that OASIS senior staff had a very positive conversation with Bob Sutor
of IBM this morning regarding the CPPA IP.

Yesterday I had made a formal request to IBM Legal to provide answers to
specific IP-related questions that have been raised in public forums
during the past couple of weeks, and Bob said today that IBM would be
providing an updated statement on their IP claims and licensing issues
to us very soon, I think within a matter of days.

I hope that the new statement will clear this matter up, answer the
questions and concerns that have raised, and allow us all to get back to
work. I can't really say more until we have received a formal statement
from IBM, but I hope that this will put you all more at ease with the
situation.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations