Subject: [ebxml-cppa] RE: exam CPPA BALLOT for Specification version 1.9Approval (VOTE ENDS April 26)

Dale, thanks for the clarification in today's meeting that the present vote is a vote to advance the standard for public review, and that the standard will not be final until public review is completed and another CPPA TC vote has occurred.
I believe this will give us ample time to assess ongoing developments in the efforts of OASIS and IBM to clarify IP issues, and to review and consider any public comments that we receive.

I vote FOR advancing the standard for public review.

Best regards    Jamie Clark

~ James Bryce Clark
~ VP and General Counsel, McLure-Moynihan Inc. (www.mmiec.com)
~ Chair, ABA Business Law Subcommittee on Electronic Commerce
~ (www.abanet.org/buslaw/cyber/ecommerce/ecommerce.html)
~ 1 818 597 9475   jamie.clark@mmiec.com    jbc@lawyer.com
~ This message is neither legal advice nor a binding signature.  Ask me why.