Subject: [ebxml-cppa] FW: ebXML Collaboration Protocol Profile and Agreement -IBM disclosure and license discussion points

CPPA TC:

Further statement from Patrick Gannon.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
+1 978.667.5115 x206

From: Patrick Gannon [mailto:patrick.gannon@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 10:57 AM
To: Karl Best
Subject: FW: ebXML Collaboration Protocol Profile and Agreement - IBM
disclosure and license discussion points

Karl & Dale,

I was also going to add to my note to the TC that; "The IBM License
Agreement, Disclosure Statement (May 2002) and Clarification (5/30) go
much
further to insure that the ebXML CPPA Specifications remain royalty free
than the statements IBM posted with their submission pf SOAP to W3C
(where
they offered a RAND license).  In addition, the recent Clarification
adds
very strong words to support the work of OASIS."

I hope this helps you achieve passage of the CPPA TC Specification.

Patrick Gannon
President & CEO
OASIS
PO Box 455, Billerica, MA  01821