ebxml-iic-conform message

Subject: [ebxml-iic-conform] on test case aggregation

Mike:

For the question of "aggregation" of test cases :

An alternative to what I proposed before, is to define "test step subsequences" that could be reused.
(a very common idea...) For example, instead of defining:

Test Case #1:
PutMessage( mA){...}
GetMessage(mB)){...}
Condition( c1)

Test Case #2:
PutMessage( mA)){...}
GetMessage(mB)){...}
Condition( c2)

we could define at the beginning of the test suite , a subsequence that would be named
and reusable (a kind of "macro-step"):

Macro X:
PutMessage( mA)){...}
GetMessage(mB)){...}

Test Case #1:
Macro X
Condition( c1)

Test Case #2:
Macro X
Condition( c2)

This way, each test case is still defined independently from others (and no order of execution is
assumed) and  will still provide some means for grouping them when executing these
(i.e. (1) macro X could be executed only once, (2) in addition, when applicable, it is possible to "group" the testing
of conditions, assuming we can still manage to get case-specific errors), but that remains an implementation choice.

Note that this could also just remain a "notation" improvement: no requirement for a testbed to be able to process
such macros.
Even so, that would already cut on the many repeats in the test suite specification...
Note that a clear separation of the verification condition at the end, from other operations,  would be helpful.

Regards,

Jacques