ebxml-iic-interop message

Subject: Re: [ebxml-iic-interop] Suggestions for a Test Requirements Guidelinedocument

See inline.

Michael Kass wrote:

> Jacques,
> Here is a proposal of an outline format for the IIC Test Requirements
> guideline document.
> I think that this format would be a good way to introduce a formalized
> way for OASIS/ebXML
> TCs to submit their conformance or interoperability testing
> requirements. Comments/suggestions?
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Introduction -
>
> a) Goals of IIC
>
> b) TC Participation in defining Conformance and Interop Test Requirements
>
> Definition of a Test Requirement
>
> a) Preconditions
>
> b) Assertions

mm1: c) Postconditions (In case we choose to nest test requirements -
although this may also be considered a pre-condition to the next layer
of test definition).

> How to Write a Test Requirement
>
> a) Conformance Requirements
>
> b) Interoperability Requirements
>
> c) XML Representation of Test Requirements – the Test Requirements Schema

mm1: Would it be valuable to give a definition and show the difference
between a requirement and a test requirement - and how you can derive
one from the other (although there are often not 1-1)?

> Submitting Test Requirements to the IIC
>
> a) To Whom
>
> b) The iterative acceptance process

mm1: Repository of test artifacts needs to be addressed - how does
someone know what we have or know works so far.