Subject: RE: ebXML IIC -- Monday's call

Michael,

Yes, there will be a summary of Monday's call. I didn't send it out
yesterday due to the fact that I was personally affected by yesterday's
events (read: knew someone well who was working in one of the towers of the
WTC, 102nd floor, and is still missing). I'll send out my notes later today.

The next call will likely be on Monday, September 24, 9AM Pacific Time, and
will be hosted again by GE. I'll confirm the details with Jeff Eck, and I'll
also need to coordinate with the Message Service TC to ensure that there is
no overlap with their call. We'll be going to a bi-weekly conference call
schedule.

In terms of what's next: there was sparse response to the call for
volunteers to head the three subgroups. Jacques Durand will be heading the
conformance clause effort (I'll be reviewing the initial thoughts that he
submitted to me). The other working groups' efforts will temporarily be led
by Jeff and myself, unless someone else steps up to the plate. We could
certainly use the RosettaNet model or pattern things after the PoC work
already done. Related to this, I spoke with Karl Best on Monday on how to
approach increasing the visibility of ebXML, specifically to show the world
that there are real implememtations out there (or at least being worked on).
To that end, I'll be sending out an e-mail to all who participated in the
Vienna PoC to see how that effort can be leveraged to provide increased
visibility (and also to kick-start interoperability testing).

-Philippe