Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] RE: [ebxml-iic] Simple trading partner configurationfor ebMS

Martin W Sachs wrote:

> MWS:  I would also like to observe that the complexity issue can be dealt
> with, in part, by a CPP/CPA composition tool whose GUI hides most of the
> XML mechanics from the user and works at a functional level. It could hide
> the details of putting together the correct set of interrelated elements
> for each function. Such a tool could also be extended to composing and
> using industry-specific profiles, as I have pointed out before.  If any
> company has such a tool that is ready to sell, please start marketing it.
> It is badly needed.

I think we agree here, profiles or subsetting is on old concept what has worked in the past and
carefully crafted profile could simplify many tasks.

In our open sourced codebase for TPPA support we are using a similar concept, Template. Here a
template offers a programatic interface (java interface) to be used, so by calling a small number of
methods the underlying TPAInstance is populated with the arguments of the method calls and then
remaining information is filled in by calling Complete().
Is also possible to first start with a fixed/static/file based TPA document and then let the
template operate on it instead of a empty TPAInstance.

Regards Anders
--
/  Anders W. Tell , Financial Toolsmiths AB             /